Please note, that RavenCoin uses the ASIC-resistant algo, so it can be mined only on GPUs.
1. Choose mining hardware
Before getting started, you will need to:
- Buy mining hardware: graphics cards (GPU) AMD or Nvidia with at least 4+GB RAM. To check the profitability of your hardware, please visit WhatToMine;
- Connect your GPUs to Windows or Linux compatible PC using PCI slots;
- Install the latest GPU drivers.
2. Create RVN wallet
To get rewards from mining, you need to have your personal RVN wallet. Here are some popular wallets:
- Exchange wallet at Binance;
- Download the latest version for Windows, Linux, or Mac https://github.com/RavenProject/Ravencoin/releases/;
- Extract the archive and run the “raven-qt.exe” file, wait for full synchronization;
- Once synchronized, go to File -> Receiving Addresses, and if you don’t have an address, click “New” and create one.
3. Connect miner to the pool
To start mining in the pool, you need to configure your miner. Here are Minerall.io pool settings:
- Download latest version from GitHub.
- Extract zip files to a folder.
- Create a new batch file inside the folder with the miner.
- Use settings as follows:
Example for registered
ccminer-x64 -o stratum+tcp://pool.minerall.io:4201 -a x16r -u darthvader.blackminer -p x
Example for anonymous
ccminer-x64 -o stratum+tcp://pool.minerall.io:4201 -a x16r -u 0x09ab1303d3CcAF5f018CD511146b07A240c70294.whiteminer -p x
Settings for HiveOS:
To start mining RVN do the following:
- Sing into your HiveOS account.
- Go to the Wallets section and add RVN wallet:
Coin – RVN.
Address – RVN wallet or your username at Minerall.io.
Name – worker name.
- Go to the Flight Sheets section. In drop-down menus set the following:
Coin – RVN.
Wallet – the wallet you’ve added in the point 2.
Pool – choose Configure in miner.
Miner – CCMiner with the following configuration:
Stratum Server: pool.minerall.io
Stratum port: 4201
User: your RVN Wallet or username on Minerall.io