1. Choose mining hardware
Before getting started, you will need to:
- Buy mining hardware: graphics cards (GPU) AMD or Nvidia with at least 4+GB RAM. To check the profitability of your hardware, please visit WhatToMine;
- Connect your GPUs to Windows or Linux compatible PC using PCI slots;
- Install the latest GPU drivers.
2. Create ETC wallet
To get rewards from mining, you need to have your personal ETC wallet. Here are some popular wallets:
- Hardware wallets Ledger Nano S or Trezor;
- Mist Wallet – should be downloaded from the GitHub repository
- Classic Ether Wallet
- Ethcore Parity
- Jaxx Wallet
Check the full list of supported wallets at https://ethereumclassic.github.io/
3. Connect miner to the pool
To start mining in the pool, you need to configure your miner. Here are Minerall.io pool settings:
- Download latest version from the BitcoinTalk thread.
- Extract zip files to a folder.
- Open the folder you’ve just extracted and find start.bat file.
- Click edit and replace default parameters with minerall.io ones.
- Save the file and start
- epool: pool.minerall.io:3404
- ewal: UserName.WorkerName (for registered users) or Wallet.WorkerName (for anonymous users)
Example for registered
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool pool.minerall.io:3404 -ewal darthvader.blackminer epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1 -allcoins -1
Example for anonymous
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool pool.minerall.io:3404 -ewal 0x09ab1303d3CcAF5f018CD511146b07A240c70294.whiteminer -epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1 -allcoins -1
Settings for HiveOS:
No specific settings needed, as Minerall.io is already integrated into the HiveOS pool’s list.
To start mining ETC do the following:
- Sing into your HiveOS account.
- Go to the Wallets section and add ETC wallet:
Coin – ETC.
Address – ETC wallet or your username at Minerall.io.
Name – worker name.
- Go to the Flight Sheets section. In drop-down menus set the following:
Coin – ETC.
Wallet – the wallet you’ve added in the point 2.
Pool – choose Configure in miner.
Miner – Claymore Dual with the following configuration: POOL: pool.minerall.io:3404, WALLET: Your Wallet, PSW: x
Stratum Server: pool.minerall.io
Stratum port: 3404
User: your ETC Wallet or username on Minerall.io